Welcome to Avoncourt Lodge, Ilfracombe - Bed and Breakfast, Guesthouse
Our Ilfracombe bed and breakfast guesthouse is ideal for walkers, cyclists and all those wanting to enjoy the glorious outdoors of North Devon. Avoncourt Lodge is an Ilfracombe Bed&Breakfast on a private road which is part of the South West Coastal Path, just a stone’s throw from the stunning cliff walk along the Torrs. With a drying room for damp clothing, safe storage for cycles and most rooms with full length tubs for soaking tired limbs, Avoncourt Lodge is a perfect destination for relaxing after a day in the open air. We also offer a comfortable lounge library and a fully stocked ‘honesty’ bar, so you can have a comfortable drink or snack while making plans for your day.
We have sufficient private parking for all our guests, and spectacular views of Ilfracombe and surrounding country from the front rooms, especially those with balconies. The south facing front garden has tables and benches for relaxing in the Devon sunshine. Full cooked breakfast with locally sourced produce and vegan options on request is included for all our guests.
Our Bed and Breakfast Guesthouse At A Glance
- We are only open for business and essential travel under Covid guidelines, with some limits on breakfast service, additional cleaning regime and social distancing indoors. Please call for information - and do hope we will be able to welcome other guests soon
- Immediate access to Torrs coastal path
- 10 minutes walk to restaurants and Ilfracombe harbour, 5 minutes to Tunnels Beaches
- Drying room and bath tubs
- Safe cycle and surfboard storage
- Pets / dogs welcome
- Ample free parking
- All bedrooms en-suite with tea/coffee facilities and TV
- Locally sourced full breakfast included
- Fully stocked honesty bar
- Television lounge and library
- Call direct on 0790 0221 099 to ensure a specific room request such as balcony, bath tub or ground floor
Dogs Welcome B&B on south west Coastal Path, ilfracombe
The South West Coastal Path runs right past the front door, making us the ideal dogs welcome bed and breakfast! Turn right and you have stunning walks along the cliffs and National Trust land. Turn left and you are only a few minutes walk from the famous Tunnels Beaches with their safe bathing, fascinating rock pools and beautiful wedding venue. Ilfracombe harbour and sea front, wide choice of restaurants and traditional high street are all within a 15 minute walk through the attractive museum gardens with views of Capstone Hill
Avoncourt Lodge was built as a hotel and bed and breakfast in the 1960s. It has 10 simple, light and airy rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, 9 of which are on the first floor. Our ground floor room is especially useful for those with dogs, as it is nearest the front door with easy access to a cliff top walk before breakfast. 6 of our rooms are doubles, 2 are singles, 1 is a twin and one has a double and a single bed. Because none of them accommodate an additional bed, we are better prepared for dogs than children!